Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Damn Wind

It was cold and windy today. So windy in fact, there was a damn wind advisory for Southern California. And so cold, I decided to drive to work instead of taking the train. Fuck freezing on those damn platforms. Not me. When the weather warms back up again, that's when I'll take the train again to work. 60 degrees or more: OK for train travel, 55-60 degrees: questionable, 55 degrees or less: hell no. There are no heaters on the train!

I took a wrong turn off of the 105 freeway today and because of the way the traffic is so highly controlled around LAX, I found I couldn't make a u-turn until I was all the way in Culver City. By that time, I could turn left. Then I had to back track back to El Segundo through parts of Culver City, Westchester, Marina Del Rey, Playa Del Rey, past Loyola Marymount University and somehow found my way onto Vista Del Mar (right above the beach but it's not PCH) which turned into Highland and intersects with Rosecrans which is where my office is off of. My "detour" added an additional 20 miles to my commute, I'm sure. I walked into the office 5 minutes before 8AM.

There is only thing I hate worse than being cold and that's the wind. I moved from Fontana to get away from the damn wind. Maybe I need to move to a biosphere where there's no damn wind. Or outer space, where no one can hear you scream about the damn wind because there is none.

I think the wind was even affecting my co-workers. Everyone was all yelling and shit and I hate that. You don't have to yell at work. The normal level of noise is good enough. Sometimes, I have to remind then to simmer down because they do get all worked up about this or that. Just fix it and shut the hell up.

No comments: