Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday night = Date night

I decided that in life, I've finally come to the conclusion that you've got 50/50 odds of things either turning out well or not when you date. I found a guy online that seemed to be on the same page as me for a change. We chit-chatted online a bit for a week or so and things seemed to go well, so I asked him to meet me in a public place and he agreed. I previously participated in a sing-along under the same 'Active Arts' program and found out there was to be this public dance to learn the New York hustle at the Music Center Plaza in downtown Los Angeles on Friday night and the event was at a time that did not conflict with me schedule, it sounded fun and I really didn't want to go alone, so I asked him. And he said 'yes'. The dance turned out to be a dud. Too many single women on the designated roped off dance area and the band wasn't that good, so while we were talking, I saw there was a bar and grill off to the side at the same location and suggested we go there to sit and talk. I ordered the fish and he wasn't so hungry and ordered the chicken satay and we both ordered a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale to drink. The beer was heavier than I like, but the fish dish was O.K. He ordered the chicken satay, but it was spicier than he liked. He's a really funny guy and he's got a lot going on as he's in the process of taking back his life and learning a new job. But somehow I don't think I'll be seeing him again soon because of his impending divorce and due to the fact that he said he's interested in moving back to Pasadena instead of staying where he is now. And both places are, in all honesty, geographically undesirable to me. We'll see.

No comments: