Monday, June 29, 2009

About Last Night

I went to Long Beach for a few hours last night to get some air and clear my head. The only time I left the house over the weekend was to buy more groceries on Saturday night. How boring. I barely made it out into the patio to harass the cats. I did however remember to water the tomato plant. I think I have to move it to another location because it's not getting enough sun where it is now. Sunday was entirely too hot which reminded me I really should buy an A/C unit this year and install it. Maybe the whole ordeal would be easier if I just had it shipped to my house. If I could get free shipping that would be good. Anyway, developing 'The Pike' has changed the face of this area so much, it doesn't match to the faint memories of my childhood anymore. There are parking structures, a million restaurants, hotels, bars and clubs now. I walked around Shoreline Village to the end where the Parker's Lighthouse Restaurant is. Walked on Pine Street pier. Walked around the Ferris wheel that made strange groaning noises. My friend decided he wanted to explore what that BBQ smell was, so we walked over to Famous Dave's and he ordered - fish. It's a rubbed pork rib BBQ joint and he orders grilled fish. Whatever. I ordered a strawberry margarita because I was still full from lunch (a half of a homemade pepperoni pizza and a banana shake) but it was more like a slushie than anything and had no taste of alcohol. $6.95 for strawberry flavored ice in a goblet. I got home late and quickly found myself asleep.

No comments: