Friday, December 19, 2008

We share stories


As humans, we share stories not only so we have something to talk about, but sometimes to impart knowledge on others so they can learn from our mistakes.

I love my boyfriend, but sometimes he can be a bit of a knucklehead and steadfast in his ways. This behavior comes from his personal experience which I cannot fault him for because we like what we like and we like what we are familiar with and what works - we are practical people that way, but also from age. So when he felt he wasn't getting the quality medical treatment he deserved and needed, he went home to Seattle to see his doctor, a man who had treated him before for ulcers.

When he left for WA, I believe it was his intention only to stay for a few days in order to rest, run tests at his doctors and receive a new course of treatment. But it seemed that the longer he stayed, the worse the weather got and that got me worried. By the time he was granted permission to go home, the worse winter storm in ten years had settled onto the west coast and he was stuck in it. First, his flight was cancelled. Then once he got onto a plane, he was diverted to Portland, OR because of bad weather. I guess there are worse place to be stuck in during a snow storm, like Buffalo. Eww.

Finally, yesterday he called me to say he made it home after traveling in bad weather on the west coast for the past four days. What an ordeal. I'm a trooper when it comes to things going bad and taking it in stride, but I don't know how congenial I would have been in this situation. If it wasn't for the torrential snowfall, my co-worker and I agreed that my boyfriend could of driven back to California faster than the airlines were transporting him. I'm just happy to have him back in one piece.

No comments: